We receive a lot of requests for meatless meals. We think you’ll enjoy Chef’s Cheese Cannelloni recipe. Serve with a Caesar salad or mixed greens and you have a delicious meatless meal.
3 each PASTA REA Spinach Lasagna Sheets – 6.5” x 8.5”
3 each PASTA REA Egg Lasagna Sheets – 6.5” x 8.5”
2.25 lb. PASTA REA Ravioli Cheese mixture
24 oz. PASTA REA Vodka Sauce
6 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
8 oz. Grated Romano Cheese
1 oz. PASTA REA Basil Pesto
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lay out pasta sheets one at a time on a flat surface with the shorter side facing you.
3. Fill a pastry bag with PASTA REA Ravioli Cheese mixture. Do not use a pastry tip.
4. Pipe in about 3 oz. of Cheese mixture in an even line from one side to the other.
5. Roll pasta over the cheese to form a cigar shape tube then cut. You should end up with 2 each 6.5” tubes per pasta sheet.
6. Repeat this process using both spinach and egg pasta sheets resulting in 6 each spinach and 6 each Egg cannelloni 6.5” long and about 1.5” thick.
7. In a 9 x 9 baking dish ladle 6 oz. of PASTA REA Vodka sauce.
8. Place 3 spinach and 3 egg cannelloni on top of sauce alternating colors.
9. Top cannelloni with 6 ounces of PASTA REA Vodka Sauce.
10. Top sauced cannelloni with 2 ounces of mozzarella, 2 ounces of Romano cheese
11. Repeat process.
12. Cover with plastic wrap then foil.
13. Bake in 325 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until sauce bubbles on the side.
14. Remove wrap and foil and bake to melt top layer of cheese, about 5 minutes.
15. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
16. Cut into 4 or 6 portions. Place a portion on each plate and garnish with Romano Cheese and a drizzle of PASTA REA Basil pesto.