Pasta Fra Diavolo has enough “fire” to ignite the passion for Valentine’s Day! Chef shares his recipe for Pasta Fra Diavolo. Serve with our cured tomato, red beet, and chili tagliatelle or pasta of your choice.
½ gallon purified water
½ tablespoon sea salt
2 each 6 ounce lobster tails
2 ounces olive oil
2 tablespoons shallot, garlic minced and combined
4 ounces white wine
2 tablespoons minced sundried tomatoes
6 ounces PASTA REA VODKA CREAM Sauce
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
10 ounces PASTA REA Rigatoni, Tagliatelle or pasta of choice
- Bring 1/2 gallon of water to a low simmer. Add 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt and hold
- With a sharp pair of scissors cut down the center of the bottom of the lobster tail. Separate shell with fingers and remove tail meat. Cut into ¼ pieces.
- In a heavy bottom sauté pan add oil and sauté the garlic and shallot mixture until soft, do not brown
4. Add lobster meat and sauté lightly for 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine, reduce by half
5. Add all remaining ingredients except pasta to sauté pan, mix well and check for seasonings then reduce to a very low simmer
6. Bring water back to a rolling boil add pasta and cook to desired texture, we suggest Al Dente
7 . Drain well and add the pasta to the sauce mixture. You may use a little of the pasta water if the sauce mixture has become too thick
8. Toss until all ingredients are well incorporated
9. Plate evenly in 2 portions, serve immediately.