https://pasta-rea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Phoenix-Fresh-Pasta-Rea.png 0 0 Mary Beth Stern https://pasta-rea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Phoenix-Fresh-Pasta-Rea.png Mary Beth Stern2018-09-12 06:00:052018-09-12 06:00:05Linguine Al Frutti di Mare
If you love seafood and you love pasta, then this dish is for you! Find the freshest shellfish available at the local market and you’ll prepare a delicious pasta entree, frutti di mare, (translation:”fruit of the sea”). This is definitely an impressive dish for a special occasion! If you are not a fan of cod, other fish may be substituted for the cod. Allow yourself to get creative, or try the recipe several times with different fish. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to the seafood ingredients. Regardless, you’ll feel as if you’ve been transported to the coast of Italy! Mangia bene’!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic, fine dice
- 16 Littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 black mussels
- 1 cup PASTA REA Frutti Di Mare Sauce
- Red pepper flakes, Pinch or To Taste
- 8 shrimp, shelled (tail intact) and deveined
- 12 sea scallops
- 8 ounces Cod Pieces
- 1 – 1.5 # PASTA REA linguine
- 10 ounces calamari, cut into thin rings and tenticals
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Gremolata
- Boil salted water in a large pot.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook garlic until it begins to sizzle. Add red pepper flakes to taste; cook 1 minute. Add clams then wine cover and raise heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until clams begin to open do not evaporate liquid, keep moist.
- Add Mussels and simmer for about 3 minutes
- Add PASTA REA Frutti Di Mare Sauce, shrimp, scallops and cod, bring to simmer and cook until shrimp and fish are just done.
- Add linguine to boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Uncover sauté pan; simmer 1 minute more, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, making sure clams and mussels open, about 3 minutes. Toss with linguine.
- Garnish with Gremolata and divide evenly among 4 bowls. Garnish with Gremolata